Wednesday, February 20, 2013

A Whole Lotta Love Around Here




Our Valentine's Day was just a cute and simple day where we tried to practice some true love. A little chocolate (or a lot, depending on the person. ahem.) lots of hugs and kisses and few themed meals. Here are the boys and our little friends Cam and Mya eating their valentine lunch.

 

There was also an impromptu little photo shoot with the kids the day before. I had remembered this scrap piece of fabric in my "collection"...Jake calls it something else. So of course I dropped everything at once, busted out the ironing board, tape, scissors and some valentine colored clothing, opened the blinds and told the kids to smile. Now when anyone around here mentions taking photos my kids rarely get excited or act even slightly amused. But I busted out some candy along with a couple of other small props and they were all for it. They totally cooperated and gave me a bunch of great little keepsakes. Here are a few along with a couple of reasons I love each one of these kids so much:


Cutest girl in the world, wants to help me with everything I do, always asking for hugs and a kiss and is my only baby who will snuggle and fall asleep on you.
Has some extraordinary dance moves, is always in the kitchen when food/cooking is happening and will swipe a taste of anything he can reach, gives the sweetest (and I mean sweetest!) kiss, tells me I'm his favorite mom.
His greatest goal in life is to please others, make them laugh, grace their presence with his "skills". If he could do whatever he wanted all day he'd want to have family movie time, family game time, family bike ride time....you get the point right?


That night we had our friends over for dinner. We had little heart shaped everythings to eat including little pizzas and brownie desserts. It was a great day and I was utterly exhausted at the end of it. My sweet Jake also had a long day at school but stopped on his way home to buy me all the necessities for a hot bubble bath (which I have yet to take.) Some reasons I love that guy:

1. He never fails to tell me I'm a great mother and wife.
2. He notices the little things that I do to make our house a home and never points out the things I don't do.
3. He gets up with the kids in the middle of the night. (How many moms can say that?!)
4. He takes time to make each of our children feel loved and special.
5. He is a wonderful partner in this business we have of raising children and an outstanding partner in our marriage.

2 comments:

  1. Love the pictures Rach! if you're ever lacking light, grab a cookie sheet or a white piece of poster board and reflect the window light onto the kids faces. A fantastic and (CHEAP) trick I learned from a food photographer i interned for. Works every time, adds tons of light.

    Love reading your blog and catching up with your fam. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chris! Great tip, I'll remember that next time we snap some pictures. Miss you too girl :)

      Delete