Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Adele's 2nd Birthday

Adele is TWO! I'm really having a hard time understanding just how that flew by so fast. I know it is SO cliche but for real. I remember finding out I was pregnant with her and it amazes me how much our lives have completely changed over the last two years. Here we are in California going into the second year of law school for Jake. When Adele was on the way we were business owners with no intent of continuing Jake's education. I was a working woman and now I get to be home with my children, raise them myself, be a homemaker. What a dream job!!! And one of the reasons it really is heaven on earth being a mom is this sweet girl. 

For those of you who get to be around her you can back me up when I say she is pure (mostly) sweetness. She's a tiny little thing when you watch her walk around. She sings to herself. She loves her big brothers and watches their every move. She always wants her Daddy when he's around. 

 We started potty training a couple of weeks ago and today was actually the first day with no accidents! She's doing awesome and I'm thrilled. Since we started I had to differentiate between pee, poop and farts. Now that she knows the difference between the three she's constantly announcing that she farted. (pure sweetness, remember?)

She's also talking a lot, and getting a little bossy. It's hilarious watching her boss things (yes things, sometimes I don't know what she's talking to) around. She especially likes to boss the dog around. Griffin loves her the most because she gives him food and she's the smallest so he can jump on her and lick off all the sticky food she covers herself with every time she eats.

Her favorite foods right now are yogurt, cottage cheese and pineapple, the toppings on pizza and fruit. She knows how to count to twenty for the most part. She knows the names of colors but not what they are. Is that normal? She likes watching Curious George and Wonder Pets. She sleeps with her kitty every night and says her prayers with little help. She likes to be outside and swing when we're at the park. 

We celebrated Adele's birthday by having pizza for dinner and getting a dessert at Red Robin. We came home and opened presents where she got some of her very first girl toys ever. No joke.














Dear Adele, 
I'm so thankful to be your momma! You make me smile every day with your tight hugs, cozy snuggles and smoochy kisses. Thank you for telling me I have pretty hair and that you "luuubb" me..."soooo much".  Please stop growing up and stay little forever so I can always get away with pinching your cute booty and giving you tickles when you ask for more and more and more. Heavenly Father knew that I needed you more than you needed me. I love you to the moon little girl.

love, mom

1 comment:

  1. I found you!! Your kids are so cute! And you are still so beautiful. I hope you are doing well! Is Griffin your dog? Did you name him after me? If so I'm not sure what to think :) jk!!

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete