Sunday, August 5, 2012

Swami's Beach

Jake starts law school in 1 week. Needless to say we're cramming in the fun before we lose him for a semester. We met my sister Paige, her husband Danny and his son Boston along with my friend Joni and her 4 kiddies at Swami's beach in Encinitas yesterday. The weather was perfect, the water was nice, the kids had a lot of fun with each other. We met Boston for the first time and it looked like he and the kids got along well and look forward to seeing each other again. It'd been a while since I'd been to a REAL BEACH! I grew up in the military and it seemed like the beach was never too far away. It's nice to be so close, I feel like we're a beach kinda family :) I also absolutely love living close to Paige and her family. There are going to be some good memories made. I'm also really thankful to have Joni so close for a couple of months, I hope we have many more opportunities to capitalize on being so close in proximity. Our kids adore each other and play really well together.

Joni and her kids plus my boys








Isn't her baby belly SO YUMMY?!

We are still cleaning sand off of this girl 24 hours later.

Always has and always will be a bathing beauty.


So much fun!! After the beach we stopped at a little taco shop where I ate cow tongue (unknowingly) for the first time ever. Not a fan of seeing all the tastebuds but it basically tasted like any other meat I guess. Then after that we went to downtown SD to see Joni's place for a bit. LONG DAY but we sucked every second out of it!!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you guys are having a blast! And I'm jealous of the beach! lol I enjoy reading your posts, keep it up. Miss you guys tons. :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's crazy to think that we always happen to end up living near each other, I'm planning on moving to San Diego next fall and Sean will be down there in a few years also.

    PS I blog stalk you.

    Derek =D

    ReplyDelete