Friday, July 20, 2012

Introduction

Hello blogging world! My name is Rachel. My husband's name is Jake. We have three children, Cooper (5), Jack (3.5), and Adele (1). We live in the Puget Sound area of Washington state for exactly one more week and then we're off to sunny southern California to support Jake as he attends his first year of law school. Our previous blog can be found here.

We are experiencing some big changes in our lives and this is my way of journaling our adventure, sharing our experience with our family and friends and also maybe some others who are also in this crazy school/family/moving-on part of their lives. It's also for the purpose of having a little bit of an outlet for myself as I transition from a nearly full-time working mother surrounded by friends and family, constant activities and scheduled events....to a full-time stay at home mom in a new area barely knowing a single soul. (AHHH!) Even though the knowledge of all this puts me on the brink of a small panic attack, I say to it "BRING IT ON!" We made this choice after months of research, questioning, praying, avoiding, embracing, etc. But more on that later.

As I type this I am pushing through my last day of work wondering how I'll walk out of here tonight without embarrassing myself. I inherited some true ball-baby genes from both sides of my family and they ain't pretty I tell ya. The famous Dr. Seuss quote that is helping me cope with the sad side of all of this is, "Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened." And that I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment