Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Something happy & Something embarrassing.

Last night after we put the kids to bed I made a trip to the store. We needed a couple of things (Jake asked me to buy him some pudding) including more children's fever reducer. We're on round three for the year so far. My poor Adele slept for all but maybe three or four hours combined yesterday. As I was shopping I took my time, walked slowly and actually compared labels. Things you can never do when shopping with children. Then I heard the announcement. The one I swear plays exactly two minutes after I enter ANY store.

"Thank you for shopping at.....Please remember to keep your children....." yadda yadda.

It played while I had NO children with me! I've been convinced for the last few years that an employee sees us walk in and that's the que for them to push the "special reminder announcement button." Not last night folks!!! It was someone else this time.

Now you know how it is at night at the store right? There is only one, maybe two cashiers. It's a long line of people buying a few items each. That guy buying his late night dinner after work. That other young-ish guy buying energy drinks and chips. That old lady buying cat food. Then there's me with half a cart full of random stuff. All those people are behind me and as the cashier is swiping some of the last of my items I open up my wallet and BOOM. No card.

So I'm that person. I write a check. Then she asks for my ID. BOOM. No ID, it's with my card in my pants from yesterday. They hold the items while I run home and come back and do it all again. And you'll never guess what one of my items was that I was buying. It was embarrassing to have to buy it once, but yesterday because I was a dum dum I got to go through the embarrassment twice. Should I tell you? No, it'll be TMI. Let's just say it was worse than tampons or anti-diarrhea medicine, not quite as bad as condoms and KY.

But hey, no special announcements directed at me and my kids last night. No one begging to go home or accidentally tipping carts over (yep, three times so far).  Just three sleeping kids at home, a studious husband, hulu and my friends Ben & Jerry.


No comments:

Post a Comment