Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Thanksgiving 2012. Yeah that's right, two months ago.

You know how when you say you're going to start a blog, then you do and you do ok, then you stop? And then you want to start again but time just keeps passing and you feel like it's been too long to just jump back in it without feeling like you have to catch up on the last two months? Yeah? Me too.

My life is busy. I stay at home with my three children. One goes to Kindergarten for 3 hours a day and three days out of the week I have two extra kids that I watch. That's about it. But my life is busy.

Last time (*ahem, end of Nov) I wrote about our neighbor who hates us. Welp, she probably loved us during December cause we weren't here! Haven't really seen or heard her since the encounter though. Thanksgiving was super. The weather was beautiful. You'll have to excuse me for always rubbing in your face how beautiful and awesome the weather is in California. Don't be jealous. Just come and visit us....

Anywho, it was my first Thanksgiving cooking for my family. Jake and I made a delicious turkey and had our friends, the Browns, over to share Thanksgiving with us. Lots of food, pie, friends and games.



I know it's late but believe me when I say that we had (and still have) so much to be thankful for that day. We moved to this unknown part of our lives and became grown-ups. (Shouldn't that have happened already having three kids?!) You know what I mean though, right?

We found our own house. We made our own friends. Cooper has never, not ONCE, been late for school. (I know right?!) We bought a lot of furniture (I can't wait to tell you about those adventures one of these days.) It feels so right to be doing this whole school thing here in California. It was scary to leave our families and move to a place where we were basically starting over. But boy oh boy did the Lord guide us right to our own front doorstep. Every door has opened so clearly for us and we have been so blessed by Heavenly Father with the assurance that what we're doing is right. That the sacrifices we're making now are worth it. Although, it really doesn't feel like we're having so sacrifice anything at all.

Sure it'd be nice to have jobs and all the security that comes with that kind of thing. Sure it'd be nice to have nicer, newer things. Furniture from a store and not from some crazy person on craigslist. Sure it'd be nice to go out to dinner every once in a while instead of feeling guilty about the fancy steak we splurged on that one weekend. Sure it'd be nice to take the kids to Disneyland since it's literally an hour away instead of trying to change the subject every time it comes up. But you know what? We have each other. We're growing together. We're helping each other and finding creative ways to enjoy our lives RIGHT NOW. My new years resolution for 2012 was to enjoy the ride and quit looking ahead to the next step. I feel like the last couple of years I've just been waiting to move on and I haven't been able to see the blessings happening right in front of my face. We have so much to be thankful for and love this part of our lives.

Hope you enjoyed my Thanksgiving post, now that it's almost groundhogs day. Here's to catching up this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment